NOW THAT I’M A CHRISTIAN
- I’ve DIED to Sin. (John 8:24), (Romans 6:2), (Rom 6:10), (I Corinthians 15:31)
- I’ve been BURIED with Christ. (Romans 6:4)
- I’ve been RAISED to Walk a New Life. (Romans 6:4)
- Now I enjoy Christian FELLOWSHIP. (1st John 1:17)
- I enjoy the FREEDOM from Guilt. (Romans 6:7)
- I have the MIND of Christ in Me. (1st Corinthians 2:16)
- I treat people the way I want to be TREATED. (Matthew 7:12)
- I’m the LIGHT of the World. (Matthew 5:14)
- I’m the SALT of the Earth. (Matthew 5:13)
- I have a New LIFE. (Matthew 5:17)
- I enjoy taking the WORD to the entire World. (Matthew 28:14-20)
- I long for times to enjoy CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP. (Phil 4:9)
- LIFE is now Worth Living. (I Timothy 4:8)
- I enjoy the PEACE that passes all Understanding. (Phil. 4:7)
Now that’s a lot of feeling! So, one or two of these haven’t happened just yet? That’s a Biblical blue print for the rest of my life. Interesting! Now I know my sense of Biblical direction.
Sometimes we expect baby Christians to become mature overnight. The growth process goes on throughout our spiritual life. We feel better as we master one more attribute. So you slipped today and didn’t live up to yours and God’s expectations. That’s what John is trying to address in 1st John. He says we have an advocate with the Father, when we sin. He wrote this to make our Joy compete. (I John 1:4)
The most comforting passage on this subject is 1st John 1:7, “But if we walk in the Light as He is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the Blood of Jesus, His son, purifies us from every sin…” “My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin; but, if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense – Jesus Christ, the righteous one. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the world” (1st John 2: 1-2).
That old fisherman John, under the authority of the Holy Spirit, says it best that we should keep our joy even when we mess up royally! It’s not a Dead End Street!
We need to work on our tone of walking in the Light and enjoying Fellowship with the Father. That may require getting some things out of our lives. Keeping on Trucking! JIM S